[OT] Change for Obama

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Thu Sep 25 18:11:47 MDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Grant Shipley <gshipley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 6:27 PM, Daniel C. <dcrookston at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Kyle Waters <unum at unum5.org> wrote:
>>> Was this the guy that said his religion was being interfered with because he
>>> couldn't have a garden at his house?
>>
>> Since I can't imagine the city council telling him that he can't have
>> a garden, I'm going to assume that by "garden" he meant something
>> obnoxiously huge and/or rank that got so bad it started affecting
>> neighboring property values.
>>
>> Am I right?
>
> I thought it was because the were widening center street and taking
> his front yard away from him?

No, no, it wasn't about that at all.  With every telling this seems to
get further from the truth about what happened.

The whole city council came over and kicked in his car's taillights
and then barged into the house.  While inside they busted holes in the
walls and snapped up the furniture like dry sticks.  After that, they
sat the man's daughter down and called her fat and ugly.  They didn't
stop until she admitted as much herself.  They only left after pouring
all the milk down the bathtub drain.

It was a bad day for Orem and a real low point for the city council.

Hope that helps,
Gabe