Text Messages?

William Attwood wattwood at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 18:12:52 MDT 2008

Your cell phone is setup to use a specific SMS server, per your service
provider.  They control where the messages go to.
If you want to stick with that, I'd recommend sending the text to your
server as an e-mail that is intercepted by a script and acted on.

If you want, you can setup an SMS software server on your machine, and setup
your cell phone to communicate with that machine.  This way, you can
directly text your server.

You can find some on the following list:

http://tuxmobil.org/phones_linux_sms.html

-Will