New monitor: Money is no object

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Fri Sep 12 15:59:07 MDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 03:45:58PM -0600, Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> Hey, question back at you: what dual dvi card should I get to maximize
> linux support these days?  I lost track of whose proprietary drivers
> suck less a while ago.

It's not really a card, but there are several motherboards with Intel
chipsets that can do dual DVI out.  Their free and open drivers suck
much, much less than any of the proprietary drivers.  But if you aren't
getting a motherboard, you'll have to settle for a proprietary driver.
It's too bad that Intel doesn't make graphics cards.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/