New monitor: Money is no object

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Thu Sep 11 18:52:45 MDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 16:36 -0600, Dave Smith wrote:
> Anyway, what would *you* buy? I will probably top out at around $3,000
> (like I said, *almost* no object), but it may be as low as $1500
> realistically.

If I were willing to tie myself to a single desk, I would get two
rotatable extra wide monitors. One would be oriented normally and used
for stuff like email & browsing. The other would be oriented vertically
to get as many lines of code on the screen as possible. Pixels matter,
but so does the stand/mounting.

Sorry, no advice on models because right now I don't want it if it won't
fit in a carry on bag.