drive wipe

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Sat Oct 25 12:51:54 MDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 11:11:24AM -0600, Andy Bradford wrote:

> I highly recommend pulling them apart. There are some high power magnets
> in  there  that  will make  your  buys  the  talk  of the  town  on  the
> playground! Be  careful though, if you  let them snap together  too much
> they will shatter due to the force or you'll end up with pinched skin.

Those are so much fun, even if you pinch skin and get a blister for two
weeks.  However, I've noticed that new drives take all the fun out of
it.  They have weaker magnets than they used to, and the magnets are now
glued to brackets that are impossible to remove.  All of the fun magnets
I've retrieved were from 5.25" hard drives.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/