rackmount server cases

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Tue Oct 21 19:49:20 MDT 2008

Andres Gonzalez <gonzo at agoralabs.com> writes:
> All of the 2U rackmount cases I have seen have a PCI riser card for up
> to 3 extra PCI cards that might be needed. However, I am not sure what
> to do about a video card which are no longer PCI.

What makes you think video cards are no longer PCI?  Certainly the
high-end ones don't have PCI versions, but there are still new PCI video
cards to be had.  Saw some at Best Buy just a week or two ago, in fact.

That, or if you need a fast card, you can get a PCIe riser.  But for a
rackmount server, that seems like overkill unless you're using the GPU
for computing.

                --Levi