rackmount server cases

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Tue Oct 21 19:01:32 MDT 2008

Not long ago, Andres Gonzalez proclaimed...
> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:39:20 -0500
> Anybody here have experience with 2U rackmount server cases?

Yup.

> All of the 2U rackmount cases I have seen have a PCI riser card for up
> to 3 extra PCI cards that might be needed. However, I am not sure what
> to do about a video card which are no longer PCI.  I have seen very
> short PCIe video cards that I think would fit in a 2U case but all of
> the cases are not designed for even a short PCIe video card.  Is my only
> option a mobo with integrated video for a 2U rackmount?

There are PCIe risers as well, but they're not as common.

I always look for motherboards with integrated video and this is one of the
reasons.

--
fozz at iodynamics.com is Doran L. "Fozz" Barton
 "Please call us! We will provide you with any emergency "