rackmount server cases

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Tue Oct 21 19:01:32 MDT 2008

Not long ago, Andres Gonzalez proclaimed...
> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:39:20 -0500
> Anybody here have experience with 2U rackmount server cases?

> All of the 2U rackmount cases I have seen have a PCI riser card for up
> to 3 extra PCI cards that might be needed. However, I am not sure what
> to do about a video card which are no longer PCI.  I have seen very
> short PCIe video cards that I think would fit in a 2U case but all of
> the cases are not designed for even a short PCIe video card.  Is my only
> option a mobo with integrated video for a 2U rackmount?

There are PCIe risers as well, but they're not as common.

I always look for motherboards with integrated video and this is one of the

fozz at iodynamics.com is Doran L. "Fozz" Barton
 "Please call us! We will provide you with any emergency "
    -- Ad for babysitting service in Japan