PLUG Meetings

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 13:24:03 MDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Ryan Simpkins <plug at ryansimpkins.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> It has been a while since we've had a meeting. People are starting to notice.
> Well, time for some explanation. My department at Omniture has recently
> undergone a reorganization. The manager who was sponsoring PLUG is no longer
> in that role. I've been unable to find a new sponsor to consistently support
> the group at Omniture. This has left us without a solid meeting spot. I
> thought I would be able to swing it this month, but got caught having to deal
> with other issues.
>
> We need a new location. Preferably one with the following features:
> - Projector.
> - Wireless Internet.
> - Room for 15-45 people.
> - Preferably will allow food and drink (or have a place to do so).
> - Easily accessible for the majority of PLUG members.
> - Reliable. It will be available EVERY second Wed. of EVERY month.
> - Free.
>
> Perhaps a library would be a good spot, but a company sponsor would be
> preferable. If you work for a company in the valley that would like to host
> PLUG, please let me know.
>
> Also, we need one or more people to help with the group who will set up
> meetings every other month. Or, if we can find three people, every third
> month.

Ryan

Not to put an undue burden on anyone, but I will admit I was curious
as well and have sent a recent email to that effect.  I am happy to
contact the Open Source Technology Center at Novell and see about
scheduling their conference room for your LUG meetings.

I'm pretty sure if you need help setting up meetings and getting
presenters, UTOS can help in this regard.  We have a plethora of good
local speakers who are willing to present in our Utah Open Source LUG
Tour.  We were going to start this up in January/February time frame,
but it sounds like this might be a good time to get things back on
track.

What do you guys think?

Cheers,

Clint