Load

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Wed Oct 1 11:27:33 MDT 2008

FWIW I've also seen situations where processes get stuck in everlasting
io wait for inexplicable reasons and absolutely will not go away without
a reboot. I've had systems with load upwards of 70 for days or (dare I
say) months but which were completely responsive (the *real* load was
about 1 or less). Just couldn't get rid of those pesky processes without
rebooting, which I didn't want to do.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach