simple network question

Doran Barton fozz at
Sat Nov 29 16:59:21 MST 2008

On Saturday 29 November 2008 02:25:08 pm Andres Gonzalez wrote:
> Last month I install Fedora 9. The installation went fine and my network
>   interface was working fine.
> For some reason now, every time I boot this box, the system comes up
> with the networking is turn off. So, I have to go to
> <System><Administration><Network> and activate the eth0 device.  There
> is a Save option which I always click on.
> I currently have to do this every time I bring up this box.
> How do I make the system activate the eth0 device by default every time
> the system boots up?

Turn off NetworkManager:

	/sbin/chkconfig NetworkManager off

Turn on "normal" networking:

	/sbin/chkconfig network on

Then, edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0. Make sure:

Have fun!

fozz at is Doran L. "Fozz" Barton
 "Do not activate with wet hands."
    -- A sign seen on an automatic restroom hand dryer