Linux consulting company

Daniel teletautala at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 16:00:48 MST 2008

There is not a "Hate" for Joe Guru (or Joe the Plumber either), but
there is comfort in having a reputable company work on your servers as
opposed to a guru whose reputation is unknown. If the reputation of
the company was unknown it would not be a good candidate either.  If
it is the job of the company to consult they will more likely make
time for you in your time of need than an individual who has to
schedule you in amid their primary job.  Plus, if you have a company
help you and guru X from said company gets sick, his house burns down,
or his wife has a baby, guru Y could help you out.  If it just Joe
Guru, and that happens to him, you are handicapped.

I have contacted Guru Labs and Knowledgeblue (two "stuffy certified
support [companies]" (ok maybe not stuffy)).  I don't hear any other
companies being named that still exist (sorry Doran).  If you do think
of another company let me know.

Thanks,
Daniel