Job: Sr. Linux Engineer (FamilySearch.org)

Nicholas Leippe nick at leippe.com
Mon Nov 24 11:40:47 MST 2008

On Monday 24 November 2008 11:37:13 am Hans Fugal wrote:
> Nicholas Leippe wrote:
> > On Monday 24 November 2008 11:31:49 am Bryan Sant wrote:
> >>  Must be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints,
> >> currently worthy of a temple recommend
> >
> > Is that requirement even legal?
>
> It's a common requirement for almost all employment at the church, so I
> would imagine that's been well-established.

Well, I can see an obvious lack of motivation for non-lds to work for the lds
church for most positions, thus it's probably rarely/perhaps never questioned.
But for a technology position, it is employment, and I can see where there
could be demand to fill it from outside the church...
Just because they have gotten away with it, doesn't make it legal if it isn't.
So, back to my question, does anyone actually know for a fact?