Job Listing - Passing It Along

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Tue Nov 18 01:06:27 MST 2008

------------------------------ Original Message ------------------------------
Subject: I am looking for a Web Engineer for a great company in Sandy Utah. Do
you know anyone who would be interested in this?
From:    "Jim Wright" <jwright at perelson.com>

Jim Wright wrote:
I am looking for a Web Engineer for a great company in Sandy Utah. Do you know
anyone who would be interested in this?

I am looking for a Web Engineer for a great company in Sandy Utah. Do you know
anyone who would be interested in this?

Salary for this position is 75-90k. Great company. If you are interested email
me at jwright@ perelson.com

Jim Wright

Web Software Developer

Join our team as a Web Software Developer, working on an Ajax-based,
thin-client UI for a Linux based network appliance.â&#8364;&#8249; We need
engineers with personal integrity, excellent interpersonal skills and the
technical chops to deliver high quality code.â&#8364;&#8249;

Responsibilities

As a web software developer, you will be working with other engineers to
develop new components for an award-winning thin-client UI
application.â&#8364;&#8249; The Network Composer GUI is ajax-based, which
means that most of your time will be spent writing XML metadata, XSL transform
stylesheets with javascript sprinkled in to glue it all
together.â&#8364;&#8249; The UI communicates with a Linux-based appliance via
an Apache/â&#8364;&#8249;mod_perl installation, so PERL coding may also be
necessary.â&#8364;&#8249;

Also, you will be responsible for unit-testing your code and may also be
called upon to debug code you didnâ&#8364;&#8482;t write.â&#8364;&#8249;
Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills are required.â&#8364;&#8249;

Preferred Competencies

Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
A thorough knowledge of: Javascript, DHTML (DOM traversal and manipulation),
CSS.â&#8364;&#8249;
A working knowledge of: XML, XSLT.â&#8364;&#8249;
Be able to write code in any of these languages without the support of an
IDE.â&#8364;&#8249;
A knowledge of basic coding principles, including recursion, abstraction and
writing reusable code.â&#8364;&#8249;

Useful Competencies

Knowledge of web services
Experience with a programming language not listed above, include C, Java,
PERL, etc.â&#8364;&#8249;

Education

A college degree in a computer-related field is helpful, but may be replaced
by equivalent professional experience.â&#8364;&#8249;