getting a terminal to STOP showing colors

Joseph Hall joseph at thatworks.com
Mon Nov 10 16:42:38 MST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Lee Higginson <leeard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone know how to get a terminal to STOP showing colors.  I can unalias and
> change the /etc/DIR_COLORS to get them to stop for most things, but doing a:
> service <process> restart,  ALWAYS gives me a pretty green OK. Anyone know
> how to get that to stop?

My first thought is to change to a terminal emulation that doesn't
support colors, but supports everything else you need. That may just
be a matter of turning off ANSI. I Googled around and was unable to
find anything suitable, but I thought that maybe a look at
/etc/termcap would tell me something. Unfortunately, it is large and
arcane. But it might hold some clues for you.

--
Joseph
http://blog.josephhall.com/