network brain bender

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Fri Nov 7 11:07:12 MST 2008

Andrew McNabb wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 07:22:29PM -0700, Stuart Jansen wrote:
>> Anyone up for a challenge? I'll give you major geek points.
>
> I would try to bridge the two interfaces.
>
> brctl addbr br0
> brctl addif br0 eth0
> brctl addif br0 eth1
>
> And then set the address for br0 to 192.168.0.2.  Does that work?

Wouldn't that ruin the separation between the networks?

Stuart, this way lies madness me thinks. Do I get geek points for
pointing that out?

Why not just do the rational thing and use two similar but different
subnets, like 192.168.0.0/24 and 192.168.1.0/24. Are you hardcoding IP
addresses in whatever it is you're testing?

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach