network brain bender

Hans Fugal hans at
Fri Nov 7 11:07:12 MST 2008

Andrew McNabb wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 07:22:29PM -0700, Stuart Jansen wrote:
>> Anyone up for a challenge? I'll give you major geek points.
> I would try to bridge the two interfaces.
> brctl addbr br0
> brctl addif br0 eth0
> brctl addif br0 eth1
> And then set the address for br0 to  Does that work?

Wouldn't that ruin the separation between the networks?

Stuart, this way lies madness me thinks. Do I get geek points for
pointing that out?

Why not just do the rational thing and use two similar but different
subnets, like and Are you hardcoding IP
addresses in whatever it is you're testing?

Hans Fugal ;

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach