PVR Upgrade

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Mon Nov 3 15:34:38 MST 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 10:36 -0700, Joshua Lutes wrote:
> Thanks guys,
>
> I've taken your suggestions into consideration and I'm thinking that
> I'll get the ASUS motherboard, a Pentium Dual-Core processor and the
> original case that I was looking at.  My budget is two hundred dollars
> and this gets pretty close.  I'll have to leave a nicer power supply
> for next time.  Maybe the one that comes with the case will be quiet
> enough, though.

The single loudest part of my PVR is the power supply. Or was. It died
on Saturday when I shut the power off in the basement. I just ordered a
Thermaltake power supply[1] which is supposed to be really quiet. I sure
hope so. Just wanted to chime in and say that a good PSU is a really
important feature.

Corey

1. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153023