PLUG Meeting Idea: RepRap

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Mon Nov 3 12:22:08 MST 2008

I have an idea for a PLUG meeting in November or December.  I don't know
who to suggest it to, so I figure the whole group might as well hear
about it.

I'm sure many of you have seen videos of the RepRap "Darwin", the open
source 3D printer.  Now how would you like to see one in person?  I just
built one and I wouldn't mind showing it off and talking about the project.

See the RepRap section of my blog and the project's main web site:

http://shane.willowrise.com/archives/category/reprap/
http://reprap.org

I'm tweaking the machine and it prints better every day.  If we have a
PLUG meeting about it, I hope to get some feedback on how I might
improve the printing.  I am also interested in helping out others who
are considering building their own RepRap.

Shane