Server Outage

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Wed May 28 23:02:30 MDT 2008

There was a server outage this evening. Unknown cause, but it probably has
something to do with the RAM we have in that system acting up. Hopefully
everything is currently working (for the moment). Thanks to TierFour for
kicking it in the pants for us.

In case anyone is curious:
orodruin:~# free -m
Mem:           884        540        343          0         25        356
-/+ buffers/cache:        158        726

orodruin:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo (trimmed)
model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
cpu MHz         : 846.352

orodruin:~# df -h
/dev/hda1              14G  6.2G  6.9G  48% /

Single power supply 2u unit, with missing screws (watch that top cover!). The
only identifying mark is an about.com property sticker. I'm guessing this is a
discarded/disused/donated about.com server that came to PLUG in the distant
past.

-Ryan