Which Router is Best for OpenWRT?

Kimball Larsen kimball at kimballlarsen.com
Wed May 28 09:08:39 MDT 2008

So the saga continues...

I've decided to replace my funky routing with an OpenWRT solution, and
I think I want to use a WRT54G from Linksys as my router.

The only question is:  Which one?

It appears that there are several (a dozen or so) versions of this
router that work with OpenWRT (and a handful more that don't work with
it).

I know that recently Linksys began selling the WRT54GL, which is
supposed to be intended for this use - but I thought I read somewhere
that the old 2 or 2.2 series was better for some reason.

Based on what I find here [1], they appear to be very similar.

Thoughts?

[1]: http://wiki.openwrt.org/TableOfHardware?action=show&redirect=toh#head-6b2369a6aabba3642915213936b680fdedcffe0d

- Kimball
http://www.kimballlarsen.com