need external dial up modem, a la usr 5686e or similar to trade or buy

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Sat May 24 09:17:10 MDT 2008

I need an external modem, for just one purpose, to transmit claims to Blue
Cross.

I am interested in something like this:

http://www.usr.com/products/modem/modem-product.asp?sku=USR5686E

and am wondering if any here have anything similar, lying around, unused. It
doesn't have to be this model, or even make. I just want an external modem
with similar features, i.e., external controls, reliability.

Again, the only reason I need this is to transmit claims to Blue Cross. They
require that I SEND the claims data over a modem link, despite the fact that
the processed claims data comes back to me over a secure web connection.
It's all due to Dinosaur Brain processing by the ones in control.

I have a few items I'd gladly trade including a Cisco 678 modem , Serial #
FAB0521ZOG1, Cisco 678 Mode: ppp. This modem severed me very well when I had
a DSL line.

I also have a Paradyne ReachDSL 6351 modem, from when I had DSL service with
IntegraTelecom (??). I don't need or use either of these modems, and really
need to get a DialUp modem as described above. Yeah, I can go and splurge on
a new unit from USR, but want to see first if any on the list wants to sell
or trade.

If  you are close to Sandy, I also offer, in trade (part or full) my
services, if your back and neck are sore from being hunched over your
keyboard too long. Call me!

Scott
--
"If you can't afford Prevention now, how will you afford disease later?"

Sandy Chiropractic Office		Dr. Scott S. Jones

V: 801.566.5428				MAILING ADDRESS
F: 801.858.9300				PO Box 1154
E: scott at fyrenice.com			Sandy, Utah 84091-1154