USB UPS control?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Fri May 23 20:36:36 MDT 2008

Hi,

Costco has a pretty nice battery backup option that I'm thinking about
using in my living room, one in my home theater, and one on my wife's
computer area.  I'm curious what kind of results people have seen with
USB-connected UPS and Linux.  There is software you can download for
Windows that will provide you with a simple way to setup your Windows
box to shutdown cleanly when power switches to battery; however, I
don't really have any interest in that as I don't have a Windows box
connected to it :)  It connects via USB.

Thanks for any info!

-Chad