MySQL Clustering

Merrill Oveson moveson at gmail.com
Thu May 22 18:42:26 MDT 2008

Have you looked into any large storage solutions such as NetApp or EMC?

Personally, I recommend NetApp - since I support it. :-)

It works in either a SAN (Storage Area Network) or NAS (Network Attached
Storage) environment.
In your case, you'd want to do SAN, that it set up a virtual drive which
would hold the database.
This virtual drive would be whatever size you needed to be.  Underneath the
drive would be several disks aggregated together in a RAID configuration.
There are a number of really cool benefits as well with NetApp such as dual
parity RAID, backups which happen in seconds (look into snapshot
technology), and mostly ease of use.  Far easier and more powerful than
clustering mysql....

This is really the best way to go with dealing with very large databases.

Just my unbiased opinion.  Hope it helps.