Building a custom wireless router

Brad Midgley bmidgley at xmission.com
Wed May 21 22:45:22 MDT 2008

Michael

>> there's not already something out there that supports openwrt? you could
>> rebadge something like that and ship it with openwrt without so much pain.
>
> I haven't found anything on the market yet.

I have a few little linux computers with arm cpus that can do usb host,
so I thought I would set up an access point that way for custom stuff,
similar to your idea except these are slower. I figured it would uplink
through bluetooth to a phone or something.

I found there are no decent drivers for usb wifi adapters. Nothing I
could find can do master mode in particular.

I'm also curious to see what you come up with.

Brad