Bulliten Board System Recommendations?

Kimball Larsen kimball at kimballlarsen.com
Wed May 21 15:17:27 MDT 2008

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm curious what folks are
using now.

I need to set up a web-based forum for my customers, and want
something that is simple to admin (I won't be doing it), allows custom
themes, has a good security track record, and is free/open source.

I've used phpBB in the past for other companies, and it worked well
enough, but didn't really stand out as all that great to me.
Today I discovered AEF (1), which seems very slick, but does not have
many skins, etc, and is not well known.

I suppose I'm most concerned about security - I've heard horror
stories of boards being hijacked, which I'd like to avoid.

Thoughts?

1:  http://www.anelectron.com/

Thanks!

- Kimball