MediaStream for iPhone and iPod Touch

Chris Carey chris.carey at gmail.com
Mon May 19 11:18:42 MDT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:

> Somehow you must be sending the file to the browser differently than you
> do in the mythtv frontend.  The mythtv frontend plays my large mp4 files
> no problem.  Safari sees them as a stream I guess, rather than a single
> download.  You might want to change MediaStream to do the same.  It's
> probably a matter of mime types or something.  Cause right now it won't
> play any mp4 videos at all for me.

This is true. I implemented HTTP 206 (Partial Download) support in PHP
on both the Asterisk, and MythTV iPhone projects. So the binary file
reads, mime types, etc, are handled by the PHP.  I have not tied that
in on this project yet. That being said, apache also implements HTTP
206 so I'm not exactly sure why its not working for you unless your
apache is mishandling that or the mime types.