Fedora Ethernet bridge

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Sat May 17 14:28:14 MDT 2008

Not long ago, Nat Brown proclaimed...
> Any ideas?  Should I be going about this a different way?  Let me know
> if I need to post additional information.  I'm still fairly new to
> Linux, so you may also need to tell me where to look to find said
> information.

As mentioned before, Red Hat and Fedora distributions have a "simplified"
way of doing these sorts of things. The network configuration files you
need to fiddle with are in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.

A quick Google of "fedora ethernet bridge" yielded some interesting
results. Check this out:

    < http://www.slriv.com/~samr/bridging.shtml >

If you're planning on using this long-term for a critical application, I
highly recommend migrating to Red Hat Enterprise or CentOS as Fedora 8 will
be end-of-life'd in a year or so.

--
fozz at iodynamics.com is Doran L. "Fozz" Barton
 "Swim in the lovely pool while you drink it all in."