Provo City selling iProvo system to a private company

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Tue May 6 23:32:35 MDT 2008

Does this move give more ammunition to companies like Comcast that are
spreading the message that municipal networks are a bad idea?

The next time a city, say Lehi for example, looks at a municipal broadband
proposal everyone is going to say: "Why should we? Provo tried and failed. It
doesn't work, and they lost millions!"

When I read this, I have to wonder who is laughing now?

http://www.provo.org/util.iprovo_reason.html

Of course the real issue appears to be the 'backroom deal' that lead to the
purchase. I wonder who really is benefiting from this. Follow the money.

-Ryan