Apple Mail and Thawte vs thunderbird with Enigmail OpenPGP

Andrew Jorgensen andrew at
Tue May 6 11:48:01 MDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 11:29 -0600, chad at wrote:
> I looked into the Thwate WoT, but it seemed to complicated to get a
> simple signature validated.

It is, but when you're done the whole world can verify your signature
where with PGP you can have some people sign your key and only those
people and those who have signed their keys can verify your signature
(and so on).

Maybe this has worked better for you than it has for me but I get a good
number of PGP emails I don't have a trust path to.