Apple Mail and Thawte vs thunderbird with Enigmail OpenPGP

chad at planetmayfield.com chad at planetmayfield.com
Tue May 6 11:29:06 MDT 2008

On May 6, 2008, at 8:51 AM, Jonathan Duncan wrote:

> This is all good information.  I use Apple Mail.  I have thought
> about using PGP before but it did not seem as well supported, so I
> went Thawte's offering.

I use Apple Mail as well, on Leopard.  GPG is still not fully
supported, unfortunately.  You can visit the PGP for Apple's Mail home
page at http://www.sente.ch/software/GPGMail/English.lproj/GPGMail.html

They said on 03/24/2008

GPGMail doesn't work yet on 10.5, and can't work as-is. I'm currently
working on the port, and published a beta version. Please subscribe to
gpgmail-users mailing list to get informed about issues. Final release
will come out... later.
http://www.sente.ch/pub/beta/GPGMail_d52_Leopard.dmg
http://www.sente.ch/pub/beta/GPGMail_d52_Leopard.dmg.sig (signature)

MacTech has a good article on securing Apple Mail with GPG, http://www.mactech.org/articles/mactech/Vol.21/21.08/GPGAndMail/index.html

And as always there is MacGPG, http://macgpg.sourceforge.net/

I looked into the Thwate WoT, but it seemed to complicated to get a
simple signature validated.

---
Chad R Mayfield
chad at planetmayfield.com