hppa linux liveCD

Derek Davis derek.davis at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 15:47:41 MDT 2008

So, the saga of my HPPA liveCD continues. I have successfully made an
iso that is supposed to boot up and run Linux. However, when I first
ran it, it failed saying that it didn't know what kernel to use since
the machine could run a 32-bit or a 64-bit kernel, and I didn't have a
kernel ending in either number. So I made a kernel ending in 32, but
when I try to boot, it looks for the kernel that I specified, but then
it says that it can't find a 32-bit kernel. It seems to me that it is
trying to load the kernel, but for some reason deciding that it is not
a 32 bit kernel. Do any of you have an idea as to why that would be,
and what I could do to make palo (the HPPA boot loader) load the
kernel and boot? Googling for the error only led me to the palo source
code.

Thanks,
Derek