Suspend help...

Byron Clark byron at theclarkfamily.name
Mon Jun 30 08:01:05 MDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 07:03:59AM -0600, Matt Nelson wrote:
> Byron, I gave that a try but no success.  I created a file in
> /etc/pm/config.d/ with the line " SUSPEND_MODULES="snd_hda_intel"" in it,
> and marked that file executable.  Any thoughts?

All that will do is 'rmmod snd_hda_intel' at suspend time and 'modprobe
snd_hda_intel' at resume time, so it would probably be good to see if
that actually resolves the problem.  When you say that the snd_hda_intel
module isn't functioning properly, what do you mean?  Another thing
you'll want to check is to see if any of the init scripts that are
assigned to runlevel 5 and not runlevel 3 are touching the sound
settings in any way.

--
Byron Clark