Suspend help...

Matt Nelson matt at frozenatom.com
Sun Jun 29 19:41:11 MDT 2008

Thanks I finally found some guidance as to what is happening, or at least
the symptoms.  I am finding that after coming out of suspend(S3) the sound
card module, snd_hda_intel, does not function properly.  I can remove the
module and load it again and it works fine.  My problem and now my question
for a workaround is this:  to remove and reload this module I have to change
from init 5 to init 3 and then back to init 5.  Any idea's on how to remove
and reload this module without going into init 3?  Or better yet would be
how to preserve this module from the effects of suspend.