Looking for a Web application to test CPU

Nathan kemotaha at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 11:38:12 MDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 00:46 -0600, Von Fugal wrote:
> <quote name="Stuart Jansen" date="Sat, 28 Jun 2008 at 23:01 -0600">
> > On Sat, 2008-06-28 at 22:44 -0600, Dave Smith wrote:
> > > No webapps come to mind as being CPU intensive. I think if you plan to
> > > throw lots of simulated users at it, any webapp will be CPU intensive
> > > (though CPU is probably not your bottleneck in these situations).
> >
> > They exist. I've run across some pretty sucky sites that max my
> > processor whenever I perform certain actions or scroll the window.
> > Sadly, I still haven't remembered where I found them or I would have
> > replied with a more useful comment to the original post.
>
> I'm not sure, the original post was worded kinda funny, but I think he's
> talking about CPU intensity on the host side.

Sorry, it is hard to put the whole thesis down in just a few words.  I
am looking at server side CPU intensity.  So javascript and the like
won't work.  My statistics are all on the server and I will be using a
bunch of client machines to pull the web page from the server to get the
server CPU load to be taxed.  I will be using the different frequencies
that are available in the Server's CPU to see the cost/wattage savings
at a given load.