OT - I don't _hate_ McMansions

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Sun Jun 29 11:09:23 MDT 2008

Von Fugal wrote:
> <quote name="Von Fugal" date="Sun, 29 Jun 2008 at 10:35 -0600">
>> <quote name="Stuart Jansen" date="Sun, 29 Jun 2008 at 10:18 -0600">
>>> You're zealotry alone has discredited you. Levi was merely the most
>>> persistent in attempting to hold an intelligent conversation with you.
>> So Levi et. al. can just go around slandering me. But when I defend
>> myself he's the one trying to hold an intelligent conversation?
>>
>> Von Fugal
>
> I'm all for agreeing to disagree. But I won't slink away after being
> called names in a public forum.

Please realize you don't need to defend yourself at every turn.  Taking
offense actually has a negative rather than positive effect on your
cause, and it makes you feel bad.  If you read others' words in a more
optimistic light, you'll find that offense is rarely intended.

If you *are* offended in a public forum, it's much better to let someone
else defend you.  That puts you in a very positive light.  People
appreciate humility.

Shane