Looking for a Web application to test CPU

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Sun Jun 29 07:15:18 MDT 2008

Stuart Jansen wrote:
> They exist. I've run across some pretty sucky sites that max my
> processor whenever I perform certain actions or scroll the window.

I know what you mean. Pretty much any JavaScript intensive site pegs my
iPod Touch CPU (supposedly Apple is addressing this in the 2.0
software), but I think the OP was talking about server side. Re-reading
the post, I think that's the case:

 > The test is going to be using Siege to throw a whole bunch of web
requests
 > at the machine and see how the CPU holds up.

It'd be easy enough to write a memory/cpu intensive web application
(heck, a bash fork bomb or tight while loop would do the job, if
installed as a CGI).

--Dave