OT - I don't _hate_ McMansions

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Sun Jun 29 00:26:07 MDT 2008

<quote name="Levi Pearson" date="Sat, 28 Jun 2008 at 16:58 -0600">
> Anyway, libertarianism isn't quite what its proponents claim it to be
> when they start talking about constitutionalism.  It's sort of a
> reimagining of what they'd like the constitution to be about based on
> classical theories of government held by *some* of the founders and
> modern capitalist economic theory, and maybe a bit of Objectivism
> thrown in.

At least we don't throw the constitution out the window. What's so evil
about agreeing with some of the founders and not others? The
constitution as you so ably point out *is* a compromise. This is pretty
much a good thing, and because it's such an ingenious compromise that
works so well, all the more reason to guard it with jealousy. If you
point out where the constitution is at odds with some of my thinking,
please point it out to me, but none of this "interstate commerce" ==
government can step in whenever something is unpleasant.

Von Fugal