OT - I don't _hate_ McMansions

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Sun Jun 29 00:21:10 MDT 2008

<quote name="Levi Pearson" date="Sat, 28 Jun 2008 at 14:35 -0600">
> Shane Hathaway <shane at hathawaymix.org> writes:
> >> There's already a Campaign for Liberty website.
> >
> > It's too bad you have to fall back on that site
> > (www.campaignforliberty.com), since the site has scary connotations:
> >
> > - The book is named "The Revolution: A Manifesto"?  Seriously?  The
> > title is reminiscent of Marx.
>
> No kidding.  Von and his libertarian friends remind me of nothing more
> than a bunch of crazy Marxists preaching about how their ideals will
> lead us to peace and prosperity.

Wow, way to go guys. You fail to silence us with your superior logic so
you revert to calling us marxist. Geez. Get a life.

> > - "The Revolution Continues" has a clever emphasis on the word "love"
> > spelled backwards.  I don't know if this is intended to remind the
> > reader of substance-starved ideas like "make love, not war", but it
> > does for me.
>
> I always thought that was pretty goofy, since the only thing that
> appears to come close to 'love' in his mission statement is the
> assertion that capitalism is the most humane economic system.

So you don't like some sign somebody mady. Big deal. I doubt Ron Paul
himself was all that directly involved in that particular design. It's a
grassroots movement, remember??

> > - With so many references to Ron Paul, the site seems like a thinly
> > disguised campaign to elect Ron Paul rather than the home page for a
> > political movement.
>
> Well, it's clearly just a place for Ron Paul to voice his propaganda.
> And he's created quite a cult of personality around himself in some
> circles.

Ron Paul was NEVER trying to get elected. If you would read anything
he's written you would already know that. It's always been about the
revolution, and frankly I think we are in desperate need of it. If you
disagree that's your prerogative, but don't call me marxist and say I'm
in a cult. I never have called you names. Ron Paul's campaign was a
standard to rally behind. A way to spread the message. Getting elected
would have just been nice icing on the cake. Get your head out of the
sand and actually learn about something before you go berating it
blindly. And you call me ignorant.

> > I can't advocate or donate to a group with such an unclear message.  I
> > looked at the mission statement, and it's reasonable until the
> > statement "Our stances on other issues can be deduced from these
> > general principles".  The problem is that everyone will make different
> > deductions.

So do you agree with the principles or not? If you agree with the
principles then make deductions, show your logic, debate it with others
and maybe some will agree. If you don't agree with the principles then
you have essentially no common ground with us 'radicals' so live by your
own principles.

> Not if you're right-thinking and logical like Ron Paul is!

Why don't you try a little logic for a change. If you come up with
different results do share.

> Actually, I think you can make pretty good guesses on where Ron Paul
> stands on most issues based on those principles.  Basically, if it
> involves the government spending money on something, he's against it.
> If it involves the government interfering with the economy at all,
> he's against it.  If it involves entanglements with foreign
> governments, he's against it.  If it involves restricting freedom,
> he's against it.

What's wrong with all those things? Personally I don't think the
government needs ANY help overstepping its bounds. It needs every help
to hold it back.

> I will probably agree with the way he votes on things a lot of the
> time, but I have some serious philisophical disagreements with him.

You agree with the conclusions of his philosophy but not the philosophy.
That is entirely possible. But might I suggest finding out if you truly
disagree with the philosophies before knee-jerking out because of some
scary words like 'revolution' and 'love'? Who knows, you might find you
like it. Maybe your just afraid you'll be brainwashed if you do any
homework. Who's paranoid now?

Sorry this post is so inflamatory. I enjoy debating with you Levi most of
the time, but your comments here were just outrageous and I'm calling you
on it. I don't ask for an apology, but you have stepped over the line.

Von Fugal