OT - I don't _hate_ McMansions

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Sat Jun 28 08:18:25 MDT 2008

<quote name="Shane Hathaway" date="Sat, 28 Jun 2008 at 02:15 -0600">
> Von Fugal wrote:
>> So use my litmus test within your definition of rights. I didn't say you
>> had to agree with what I think are rights. At least try to justify your
>> ideas of what proper government is.
>
> Von, you really need to just put up a web site about your theories on
> how to properly structure the government.  It would lend a lot more
> credibility to your arguments than these emotional debates do.  You
> could even have a big FAQ section that responds to people's misgivings
> about your ideas.

There's already a Campaign for Liberty website.

> Besides, you just advocated that our society should return to an
> agrarian lifestyle... on a mailing list for technology enthusiasts!
> Surely a different audience is more appropriate for that kind of
> political theory.

I didn't say we had to or should return to agrarian. I just said that IF
we had less government and IF that government didn't pay for research
and IF nobody else paid for research either and we didn't have these
computers, I would still prefer it over government taking my money for
other people. I don't believe that would even have been the case, nor
that reducing government would result in less innovation, but if it
does, then I'm happy to be more free with slower innovation.

Von Fugal