OT - I don't _hate_ McMansions

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Fri Jun 27 21:00:51 MDT 2008

<quote name="Levi Pearson" date="Thu, 26 Jun 2008 at 11:32 -0600">
> So, how about what happens when there are absolutely no government
> regulations on how business is conducted?  You get child labor, abuse
> of employees, rampant pollution, unsafe working conditions, and all
> sorts of other problems.  Capitalism doesn't really care about these
> things, because it means that (at least in the short term) profits go
> way up.
>
> Clearly, there's a balance to be struck between free market forces and
> government regulation.  If you don't agree with that premise, I don't
> know what to tell you.

Please don't ignore our comments about proper government roles. I just
want people to be suspicious of government involvement and to clearly
show what rights stem their pet projects, thus identifying where
government can derive authority to regulate. If you can trace your pet
project to a basic human right then go for it! Don't just make blanket
statements about compromise and balance without providing or using any
guidelenes on just how to acheive said balance.

Von Fugal