OT - I don't _hate_ McMansions

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Fri Jun 27 19:21:46 MDT 2008

Von Fugal <von at fugal.net> writes:
> I would rather be free of oppression in a different time[line] with less
> technology, and that makes me ignorant? "Give me liberty or give me less
> innovation" <- gee, what a bum! But wait, that sounds not nearly as
> 'radical' as "Give me liberty or give me death!" <- this guy is our
> hero! What's wrong with this picture?

Poor Von is *so* oppressed!  Or... should we call you Dennis?

Shut up, will you? Shut up!
Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.
Shut up!
Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
Bloody peasant!
Oh, what a give-away. Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?