OT - I don't _hate_ McMansions

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Fri Jun 27 19:21:46 MDT 2008

Von Fugal <von at fugal.net> writes:
> I would rather be free of oppression in a different time[line] with less
> technology, and that makes me ignorant? "Give me liberty or give me less
> innovation" <- gee, what a bum! But wait, that sounds not nearly as
> 'radical' as "Give me liberty or give me death!" <- this guy is our
> hero! What's wrong with this picture?

Poor Von is *so* oppressed!  Or... should we call you Dennis?

ARTHUR:
Shut up, will you? Shut up!
DENNIS:
Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.
ARTHUR:
Shut up!
DENNIS:
Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
ARTHUR:
Bloody peasant!
DENNIS:
Oh, what a give-away. Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?

                --Levi