k class hp 9000

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Fri Jun 27 19:13:49 MDT 2008

"Derek Davis" <derek.davis at gmail.com> writes:

> Anyone have any suggestions as to how I could interact with this
> machine? Really I just need to get it booting off a CD so that I can
> run the Gentoo liveCD and fire up SSH.

First, ditch HyperTerminal and get TeraTerm.  From what I've found,
the HP 9000 K series expects an HP 700/96 terminal.  You can use a
serial terminal emulator, but you may run into terminal emulation
issues if it doesn't directly support the 700/96 emulation.  You'll
need a null-modem cable and to set your terminal program to 9600/8/N/1
and no flow control.

                --Levi