k class hp 9000

Derek Davis derek.davis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 18:20:32 MDT 2008

As Stephen mentioned last week, my company needs to get our product
working on an HP RISC machine. Our machine finally arrived, but I have
no idea how to use it. :) There is nowhere to plug in a monitor and I
couldn't find any PCI slots. (Or AGP. or PCI express. Or ISA) All I
could find was a serial console port in back. So I plugged a serial
cable in, connecting it to a Win XP machine running hyperterminal, but
I don't know where to go from there. I turn on the machine, but
nothing shows up in hyperterminal.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I could interact with this
machine? Really I just need to get it booting off a CD so that I can
run the Gentoo liveCD and fire up SSH.

Thanks!
Derek