grub can't find the right location for kernel at boot time

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Fri Jun 27 15:31:55 MDT 2008

I have a GRUB question > When I reboot my primary mail server machine,
running etch, it brings up the various kernels and if I just hit enter or
let it time out and roll forward, it halts.

I have to hit e on the desired kernel to load, then edit the location, which
defaults to 2,0. I edit it to 0,0 for the kernel location, and then it
boots.

If I run Grub update or whatever it is, it changes it back to the 2,0
location. How come I have to manually change it and why does it recognize
where it should look correctly for the kernel?

Scott
--
"If you can't afford Prevention now, how will you afford disease later?"

Sandy Chiropractic Office		Dr. Scott S. Jones

V: 801.566.5428				MAILING ADDRESS
F: 801.858.9300				PO Box 1154
E: scott at fyrenice.com			Sandy, Utah 84091-1154