OT - I don't _hate_ McMansions

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Fri Jun 27 13:02:07 MDT 2008

Dave Smith <dave at thesmithfam.org> writes:
> Are you sure you pay 40% of your income to taxes?
>
> I tracked all my taxes for a month (every piece of tax: sales tax,
> property tax, gasoline tax, income tax, social security tax, phone
> bill taxes, etc), and it wasn't that high.

There you go bringing facts and rationality into the argument.  DOOM
IS NIGH, man.  What's a little fib or exaggeration in the face of
IMPENDING DISASTER?!

As I've said before, I was surprised at how little tax I paid last
year.  I'm happy to pay taxes to receive the benefits I get from the
government.  I don't believe, despite libertarian rhetoric to the
contrary, that I'd get them from the private sector.

Anyway, I'm certainly frustrated with the tremendous amounts of money
wasted by the government as well as the monumental cost of the 'War on
Terror', but not frustrated enough to advocate full-on libertarianism.
I don't really think it would be an improvement in the long run.

                --Levi