[on topic] What's your favorite less-popular open source app?

Scott Edwards supadupa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 23:35:24 MDT 2008

On 6/25/08, Shane Hathaway <shane at hathawaymix.org> wrote:
> Everyone talks about the major players in open source.  I'd like a
> discussion about some of the good, smaller programs that aren't well known.

htop - interactive processes viewer (in color)

pxegrub - all the power of grub, while booting from the network

ELinks (Enhanced Links) is a lynx-like character mode browser, created
from the Links browser with many patches and enhancements.

dillo - Small and fast web browser (less features, but lightweight)

linux vserver patches  http://linux-vserver.org/ one kernel instance
virtualization for all guests and host.

And I just found notepad++ today.  I'm not fond of the win32
workplace, but this editor makes my life easier reviewing and managing
multiple/large text config files.

Enjoy,

Scott