[on topic] What's your favorite less-popular open source app?

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Wed Jun 25 22:18:38 MDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 12:48 -0600, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Everyone talks about the major players in open source.  I'd like a
> discussion about some of the good, smaller programs that aren't well
> known.

Henplus: java readline-capable CLI SQL client supporting any JDBC
compatible database

Unison: two-way rsync with a simple little interface to resolve
conflicts

> - Twinkle: Like Ekiga but more focused on being a phone rather than a
> videophone, making it easier to use IMHO.

Seconded. I don't know why it's so hard to make softphones that don't
suck, but there sure are a ton of them. Twinkle is a ray of sunlight in
that category.

Corey