[on topic] What's your favorite less-popular open source app?

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Wed Jun 25 21:08:59 MDT 2008

Michael Torrie wrote:
> Pie charts don't make much sense to me.  It's too hard to tell what
> really is bigger.  I like the way that kdirstat[1] does it with
> rectangles much better.

I think the filelight concept has merit, but the pie chart needs to be
"unrolled" and laid across a horizontal line, with the chunks sorted
from largest to smallest. That'd be great, maybe even better than
kdirstat because you could quickly see the largest ones, graphically,
without having to scan the entire rectangular area.

--Dave