OT - I don't _hate_ McMansions

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Tue Jun 24 12:11:48 MDT 2008

<quote name="Bryan Sant" date="Tue, 24 Jun 2008 at 11:19 -0600">
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Von Fugal <von at fugal.net> wrote:
> >> Sweat shops exist because people want to work in them.
> >
> > Sweat shops exist because people get desperate. Anyone else notice the
> > kids out in the sun all day shakin' signs? Desperate times...
> >
> > Von Fugal
>
> The kids that do that for builders (at least the ones I've talked to)
> make around $12/hr.  That freakin' rocks.  I would have LOVED the
> opportunity to make that kind of money as a kid.  Desperate times or
> unmatched opportunity?

I did not know how much they made, but also I wasn't so much thinking
about the house signs. In particular I was thinking about the Wireless
Giant on 1600 N. Once I saw a kid shaking a piece of _carpet_ over by
the mall outside a carpet store. It just makes me wonder why everyone is
so desperate for advertising they have to have people wave stuff out in
the hot sun.

I wouldn't mind working for 12/hr as a teenager listineng to my ipod in
the sun. Not something I would do now :)

Von Fugal