OT - I don't _hate_ McMansions

Andy Bradford amb-plug at bradfords.org
Mon Jun 23 21:52:14 MDT 2008

Thus said "Jonathan Ellis" on Sun, 22 Jun 2008 08:12:27 MDT:

> If  "greedy developers"  were the  source of  the problem,  exploiting
> consumers for abnormally huge profits,  you'd see slightly less greedy
> developers start  companies and take  market share away  until profits
> came down to normal levels.

I  believe that  at  the tops  of  bubbles and  manias,  there are  most
certainly going  to be  less qualified professionals  (we can  call them
greedy, sure) in the affected industry.  And there will be some of those
smaller entrepreneurs  that get in on  the action and are  successful at
taking away  part of the big  commercial player's market share.  Look at
how  many companies  got wiped  out in  the dot-com  collapse; but  some
survived. The same will be true for home builders and home buyers.

Andy
  9:52pm  up 59 min,  1 user,  load average: 1.07, 1.06, 1.01