Free Computer

justin justin at justinhileman.info
Mon Jun 23 14:47:34 MDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Scott Edwards <supadupa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 4:35 PM, justin <justin at justinhileman.info> wrote:
>> Pet peeve: people dibsing free hardware by replying off-list. Please
>> have the courtesy to let fellow users know it's been claimed. Kthx.
>>
>> justin
>
> I thought about claiming it, but I know I have little use for it.  I
> passed it to a friend, off list, that I know needed one.  Naturally,
> he wasn't aware of the list.  Sorry for any confusion created.  Easy
> come, easy go...

sorry, i probably came across more irritated than i actually was...
the last time i posted a handful of free things, several people
emailed me off-list, which creates all sorts of confusion both for
people wanting a crack at the freebies, and for me. i just feel that
calling dibs on something free is very much a public dialog, and it
doesn't always seem to happen that way.

in summary: no worries. i don't hate anyone. i wasn't actually
interested in this particular computer. in fact, i prob'ly have one
like it that i need to give away. i was just expressing frustration
with group communication in general :-)

carry on.

justin
--